Monday, June 25, 2007

projectORproject

This is one of my more ambitious projects in which I have acquired space for but the times and light required are somewhat difficult. The idea is based behind an idea or question of a thought in which what can occur in the space where two projectors light intersect. Since light needs something to reflect off of or upon I am experimenting with how the light can selectively repel and or permeate a physical wall made of plastic film. The end product of this project is to be shot with my 49' medium format CiraFlex that I inherited from my grandfather. I will be using color slide reversal film with the intention of cross processing to up the contrast and saturation to reduce the amount of haze that naturally occurs with this camera. I will be back to the studio within a day or two to complete the shoot and plan on having friends interact with how the distorted images of landscapes and odd settings cast upon them. Should be a lot of fun, if not just plain weird. Here are a handful of photos showing what I had set up the first day of shooting but like I said lighting has been a problem because of the original functions of the space interfere with my work time. I need DARKNESS!!




1 comment:

Christopher Thomas said...

It's unfortunate that I didn't get to go to see you doing this stuff cause I know it's a lot of fun. I am way into the second shot of the batch... the closeup of just the image that is composed by the different projectors. I think you're one to something with that. Of course one of the things that makes me like it is the fuzzy, grainy quality similar to Super 8. But that quality of image isn't what we're used to with still montage design. You know what I mean? Like the slick photoshop and illustrator montages that weave together objects and textures. It seems like a fresh take on that. Being that you are using the 'Blending Options' in an active, intuitive manner, it breathes different qualities into the image. When you get up to Chicago we should mix this stuff with my movie projectors and see what we can come up with... Maybe we can make some shit as cool as those illuminated landscapes they sell at the mall that have the moving water or skies? You know? Any way, the point is that I am most excited by this image... are you making a print of it for your review?